The Diocese serves 283 Sub parishes, 62 Parishes 10 Archdeaconries and good number of Schools where population is. South Ankole diocese comprises of the counties of Kajara, Rushenyi, Ruhaama and Ntungamo Municipality. we have a great team of well trained, committed and passionate staff with whom we run the ministry.
- The Diocese has 11 years of ministry and have achieved a lot. We hope to continue to achieve some steady growth God being our helper.
- We have started on the Construction of Mothers’ Union Residential Hostels and it needs a lot of money to be completed.
- We have also Started on the Mission Hospital Construction, starting with a Health Center III which will be upgraded later.
- We have started on Human resource development some of our clergy and Christians are being supported to acquire some level of Education.
- We have started the Diocesan SACCO for both Clergy and Christians to help them save and borrow at a minimum interest rate.
- Construction – there is a need for money to accomplish the construction process of both projects.
- The Diocese is depending entirely on Christian giving and this is not viable because the Christians have low income that cannot meet their demands and of the Church.
- We do not have income generating projects.
- Human resource is still a problem, a good number of our Church workers have a nominal training that is about to be challenged by technology.
- Developing the plots we have in Ntungamo town.
- Tree planting all over the Diocese
- Health units and Diocesan Hospital
- Coffee planting in every Parish as a source of income.
Prayer requests/ Support
- Developing and self supporting Diocese.
- Unity of the Church in South Ankole.
- Support in development of human resource.
- Pray that people of good will, come up among us with good ideas, visions and material contributions to develop our Diocese to greater horizon.
God’s blessings be up on our Diocese
For his glory,
Rev. Can. Arthur Twinamatsiko
- Diocesan Secretary